Outlook Calendar Ideas

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Creating a discussion list for new ideas on the Outlook Calendar...

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Updating current thread with previous ideas...

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2009 at 8:49 PM

from ttschupp
Fri at 10:02 AM 

Here is a few ideas I had:

A time scale (0-60 minutes) variable to CalendarOptions file and build the timeslots and daycontentitems off of that.  If no variable is defined, default to 15.
An separate appoinmtent object as a canvas object
A mouse move event in the conent control that moves the appointment whenever the mouse is held down on an appoinment and moved to another daycontentitem
A new event that is fired when an appointment is moved.
Let me know what you think.

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Edited Oct 19, 2009 at 8:50 PM

from dixxieonmymind
Fri at 12:54 PM 
Thanks for the ideas... I have implemented the appointment object canvas object for the appointment UI already.  That is pending in the next upload.  I really like the last two points/ideas that you pointed out for the ability to move appointments around.  This can also be set to a much higher level with the other views where you could move them acrross hours in the and days in the week/month.  I dont really understand your first point.  Are you saying put "ticks" in each daycontentitem (esentially an hour) to mark for each of the minutes.  Because of the size of the daycontentitem needs to be to display the content of the appointment would it not get distracting to display all the minutes in the hour?  I am not trying to be condescending to your ideas I am really just trying to understand the view you are wanting

to accomplish.

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2009 at 8:50 PM

from ttschupp
Fri at 2:43 PM 
Let me know what kind of problems you are running into. I maybe able to help, though I'm sure your understanding in WPF is a lot better. I have been working with WCF here and there. I can tell you that setting up security on WCF takes forever.

Here is a a few more ideas to think about

Using the MouseWheel event to control the Scroll Viewer control. I tried implementing this in the content control but I wasn't able to find the scroll viewer as a child control. I think the event should be hooked to the content control though so that if the mouse was to hover over the week header it would still scroll.
Eliminating the padding in the scroll viewer. I noticed 1 is automatic for the padding.
setting the first day to Sunday when full week option is displayed in week view