Control Loading

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:48 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM

The controls seem to load very slowly, and the activity control only appears the first time in the demo.

Is is just me, or is this a known issue?

BTW, the controls are awesome!

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2011 at 7:29 AM

I have not had any issues with the control load times.  I know that for the Scheduler I am still working on it and have not completed the MVVM model for the Scheduler.  I have not had very much responses from the library for some time except for a few issues here and there so I have post-poned the development of the library for a little while until things slow down at work.  Which is the "activity" control?  Do you mean the Outlook Scheduler?

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:11 AM

I call it the activity control, but you may call it the busy control.

It's the bar that comes up when the control is loading, then goes away when it's there.

MVVM shouldn't speed it up, but my question was here because I just started using Windows 7(64bit), and I'm unsure about a lot of things right now.

It may be my graphic drivers, I'm not sure, but I'll test it on XP when I get a chance.

Thanks for the reply.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2011 at 3:29 PM

The busy control could have some problems with it.  I did a little work with it trying to make the controls seem a little more "professional" but have not put too much work into getting them complete yet. 

Funny enough when I converted the Classic Calendar to MVVM it did speed it up, but I am also re-working the logic in the library as well to help with performance.  So when I said I have not got a chance to complete the Scheduler in MVVM it has not had a chance to go through the re-arch yet either.

It shouldnt be the OS that is causing the performance issues on your machine.  I am running Windows 7 (x64) on the machine I do the dev and test on and I have deployed it to a box with Windows Server 2008 R2 and I dont seem to have too many problems with them.  The scheduler right now does have some bugs when switching between views (i.e. day, week, month, year) but these are the only "performance" issues I have seen.  The video card could be a large part of the problem.  If you have a server or even locally hosted ISS you can try and deploy the project and see if the same problems happen from other computers without moving the code to other machines.